Saturday, February 19, 2011

Danielle and The Line

     I first laid eyes on Danielle wandering the aisles of the supermarket.  The first of what would become numerous supermarket encounters.  She had short black hair, cut just below the ears and a very cute face adorned with a few pieces of jewlery.  Her piercings added an element of intrigue to her that I found stranglely attractive.  Attractive women stick out among the homely surroundings of canned peas and cutlets, and easily draw my attention.
     I found myself wandering around aimlessly, throwing things that I did not need into my basket in a desperately quite attempt to catch her attention.  I did at times, but no dialogue was initiated.  I would walk past her, stop sometimes near her, grab something off the shelf and then move on after my presence was made so as not to seem 'stalky.'  I lost track of her while aisle bouncing then found her again in the checkout line.  "Time to go." I told myself. 
     Naturally I chose the checkout line she was in, and stood nervously next to her trying to find something to say.  Despondingly I came up empty.  She paid, looked, grabbed her bags, looked again and then left.  It was now my turn to check out, and when I reached into my pocket for a form of payment I realized they had all been left in the car, an honest mistake.  Humbly, I told the check out girl that I had to go retrieve them from my vehicle.  Luckily no one was waiting in line behind me. 
     There was Danielle, in the parking lot putting the shopping cart in the receptical.  I approached her as she walked to her car.  I comlplimented her, told her she was cute and how she caught my eye.  Then alluded to the situation back in the store and how my time was limited.  There were a few personal queries from both parties, but they were brief as she had somewhere to be as well.  So I suggested that we "talk again sometime when we both have time."  She genuinly agreed and took my phone number.  She smiled, I smiled, and we parted.  I had other things to attend to.  I think I skipped once on my way back through the parking lot and arrived at the now completely backed up line of agitated shoppers, waiting impatiently for my groceries to vacate the premises.  I apologized to everyone, paid and left... with a smile. 
     I never heard from Danielle again.

No comments:

Post a Comment